Friday, June 1, 2012

Week 22: Playtime

If I'm totally honest with you, it is stressing me out knowing that I am not going to be able to keep up with these posts once we're in the States. There is a part of my that likes keeping our routines consistent and this has gotten to be part of my routine over the past five months. I have no doubt that I will be able to continue taking pictures regularly, I just know that with the lack of wifi (have I mentioned how much I'm going to miss my iPhone and personal hotspot?), it's unlikely I'll get the posts done on time. They'll get done eventually, though, and it is my goal to give myself grace, so that blog posts are not hanging over my head. We will be in the States to spend quality time with our family, and I know that they give me grace even if I don't grant it to myself!

Day 146: I took the kids to the park in the afternoon, and they started "hiking" through the manicured bushes around the play area. Our country turned city kids.


Day 147: I just had to document my book stack right now. This is most of the books I need to read over the summer to get ready for the class I'll be teaching next year. I still have one or two more world religion books, Hamlet, and the Norton Anthology of World Literature to add to the stack!


Day 148: Cade was exhausted and took a rare nap. The poor kid was sweating so much, his entire body was wet when he woke up.


Day 149: Kennedy has been watching this flower and wanted me to take a picture of it. It stressed her out when she saw that it was closed in the evening.


Day 149: Our real playtime for this week: well-behaved middle schoolers were rewarded with a trip to Everland (a Korean version of Disneyland) this week, so we took the kids with us. They had a ball!


Day 150: We were leaving dinner with friends at 8:00 when I realized that I still hadn't taken a picture for the day. This was the chandelier hanging in the new Thai restaurant that we went to.


Day 151: I did get a picture of our students signing yearbooks on the last day of school, but it wasn't great, so I got another one of the kids at the end of a long day!


I think my favorite this week is the one of the kids riding Dumbo. They were so excited to find a ride they could go on by themselves. They're getting so big!

To see others' photo projects, check out the links:
P52 with Kent Weakley






3 comments:

  1. The flower is quite beautiful. The kids are great on the elephant.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your book stack makes me nervous! I didn't keep up with my postings while we were home, but it was nice to get off the internet for a while.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such great picture. That book stack is impressive. I love the last shot of the kids at the end of their long day--so real life but still totally cute ;0)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...