Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Week 24: Sunlight

This week we are relaxing as we housesit for friends of my dad. In spite of that, I'm still not getting much done, but that's okay! Our first full week in the States was a whirlwind, but a very fun one!

Day 159: The first time we saw my brother when we got back, he was covered in grease, and a little stressed about how he was going to get his boat onto the trailer. The kids got a more official greeting when he met us at the beach the next day.


Day 160: This was a big day for all of us--in a subdued sort of way. With just the kids and grandkids present, my dad and his long-time girlfriend, Gretchen, got married!!! We are now an official blended family!


Day 161: We went out looking for jelly fish in the sunlight on Sunday morning. We were grateful to have some sun over the weekend!


Day 162: We drove back from the beach Monday morning, picked up a couple of suitcases, and headed to my aunt's for dinner, so that we could do some laundry, re-pack suitcases and be a little closer to the airport for our very early departure time!


Day 163: Other than Kennedy getting gum stuck in her hair on one of the flights to Dayton, our travel day went pretty well, and we were very excited to see Uncle Evan!


Day 164: In an attempt to pretend that there wasn't still a lot to do to get ready for the wedding, Uncle Evan and Aunt Jen took us to the National Museum of the Air Force on base in Dayton.


Day 165: Playing in the pool to cool off in the sunlight!


My favorite picture of this week is definitely the one of Kennedy hugging my brother. I love the glee on her face!

If you are a friend or family member who would like a copy of one of these pictures (or any other, now or in the future) without the watermark on it, please let me know. I'd be happy to email you one!

2 comments:

  1. Love the photograph of Kennedy hugging your brother! I can just imagine how awesome the look on his face was! xoxo erin

    ReplyDelete
  2. I finished up high school just 20 miles from the Air Force Museum. My paren ts still live there - what a small world.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...