Monday, August 13, 2012

Kennedy's First Day of Kindergarten

I can't believe that I'm already sending my little girl to school!


If I'm perfectly honest, I would tell you that I've been thinking about this little photo shoot for months.


But, if I were being honest, then that would mean that I would have to tell you that I had a little bit of a meltdown when I realized that nothing was going to go my way.


For instance, I work on her first day of school, making it really hard to take pictures of her as she's leaving.


And then, after I realized that my original plan wasn't going to work, and I figured out an alternative, I did not start pouting when it was pouring down rain all day (yes, the rains have arrived!).


But, we did our best...Kennedy was more than happy to hold her umbrella while Eric held one over me and the camera.


And Cade was more than willing to participate!


I was able to get upstairs for a few minutes during her "Boo Hoo Breakfast" at the start of her school day to take a couple of pictures. She was very excited because she had gotten to come to with one of her friends because Eric and I had gone to school much earlier than she had to be there.


Unfortunately, I heard from one of the dads that after I had to run out, she started crying a little bit. I fear that my 10 minute appearance did more harm than good, but it did make me feel better.


Aside from a few moments of loneliness, she had a great day, though!


She was very excited to tell us how much fun she'd had when we went to pick her up after her short half day.


And, we were even able to get a few "first day of school" shots in.


...not that any of them were what I had planned...


We're so proud of our little girl! I can't wait to see how much she grows this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...