Sunday, April 7, 2013

Tuesday: The Driver's License Saga

On Tuesday, we had a bit of a slower start. Eric and I have been trying to get our Korean driver's licenses, so we thought we try to take care of it without the kids this time. On the Friday before everyone arrived, we made our first attempt. We managed to get new passport pictures taken and printed in Korean sizes pretty easily. Then we headed to the Seoul Global Center. On the day that they were moving their office. Nearly four hours in the cold, traipsing around the city for nothing. No notice on their website that they were moving. I was frustrated, to say the least.


So, on Tuesday, we headed to the new office. It was actually a fairly short trip to get there. The building really was where they told us it would be...though I don't think the website reflects the move yet, for some reason! We arrived, told the woman what we needed, and handed her the materials we had. She may have been the rudest English-speaking Korean I have met since arriving in Seoul. She understood me perfectly and spoke English without any problem. She was just plain rude. Evidently, we still did not have what we needed to get our Korean driver's licenses, so we were out of there. On the bus ride home, Eric did remind me that no one ever has a pleasant experience at the Dept. of Licensing in the States, either, but I was still pretty angry!
Here's a link to someone else's funny story about trying to get a driver's license in Korea that I found in all of my research.


After we had made it home, we headed out for lunch in Itaewon--Eric's favorite restaurant for hamburgers--Two Broz.


Next up was screen golf, just a short walk from the restaurant.


It was cold that day and we were thankful for the heater in the room while watching the boys golf.


After screen golf, we headed to the War Memorial. Thankfully, the wind had died down and the sun came out, so the walk wasn't too miserable. We even watched the drills outside for a few minutes before heading inside. We were a bit spontaneous on this day, so I was ill-prepared and left with just my iPhone for all of my pictures.


By the time we were ready for the walk home, it was time to start thinking about dinner. So, Eric, Evan, and Jen headed to Bokwongdong to pick up fried chicken at one of our favorite restaurants, Mom's Touch. I'm sure that I've mentioned it, but in case you've forgotten, Koreans take their fried chicken pretty seriously--and it is delicious when you find quality chicken with the right sweet and spicy sauce!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...